Benefits of AEO (Authorised Economic Operator) status
AEO is an internationally recognised accreditation that indicates a company’s role in the supply chain is secure and reliable, and that any Customs controls and procedures are efficient and compliant.
There are a range of benefits companies can take advantage of when operating under AEO:
- Simplified Customs declarations and EIDR (Entry in Declarant’s Records)
- Transit simplifications
- Priority treatment of consignments if selected for control
- The option of a centralised clearance self-assessment
- Easier admittance to special procedures such as CFSP, temporary storage and Customs warehousing
- Duty deferment guarantee reduction and SIVA
- Guarantee reductions or waivers
- Removal of previous sales provisions relating to valuations
For more details as to how utilising Velta’s AEO status in the import and export of your goods please contact our Customs Compliance Team.
Feel that your organisation could benefit from becoming AEO accredited? Find out more about AEO and whether your should apply in our Authorised Economic Operator status blog.