Working With Velta
Up for a challenge?
Want to be part of the Velta success story?
We are always on the lookout for seasoned professionals who can directly contribute to our growth by increasing our client portfolio and market share.
Maybe you’ve considered using your expertise and contacts to start your own freight forwarding venture. Or maybe you’ve done your own thing for a while and, while you love the buzz of the industry, you’d like to let yourself off the hook a little, and be part of a team once again.
Velta’s Doug Reynolds has built a dynamic management team of freight and logistics specialists who enjoy a secure and friendly work environment and are dedicated to the success of the company. So even if there are no vacancies currently, we’d still like to know what you could bring to the team.
Customs Clearance Operations Clerk
We are looking to recruit an experienced Customs Clearance Operations Clerk to join our busy team. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of two years experience in a similar role.
To process and administer all freight shipments requiring Customs clearance, complying with all HMRC formalities, legislation and procedures whilst maintaining a high standard of accuracy and customer care at all times.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- To accurately and efficiently input data into the HMRC computer system (CHIEF)
- To collate all necessary information to complete Customs entries, ensuring all shipments are cleared quickly and correctly processed.
- To keep control of clearances and provide operations staff with accurate information about specific shipments, through effective liaison with HMRC,agents and carriers.
- Responsible for the administration of bonded stock, ensuring that the records are processed and retained in accordance with HMRC rules, and the correct procedures for goods entering and leaving Customs warehouses are adhered to.
- To offer a high standard of customer service to both internal and external customers, by providing accurate and appropriate information and demonstrating a professional, helpful and positive manner.
- To demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of HMRC requirements, ensure all documentation adheres to these requirements and be capable of providing information and advice to operations staff when necessary.
- To deal with any communication into and out of the department in a customer focused and professional manner.
- To ensure that all activities are consistent with company policies and demonstrate a commitment to these through their own working practices.
- To prepare and present information to the management team as required.
- To comply with the Health and Safety policy in all areas of responsibility.
- To carry out such duties as are within the scope and spirit of the job purpose and level of responsibility and support other departments when required.
For more details or to apply please send your CV to Dawn Miles:
We are currently looking for re-work operatives to re-label various consumer products, to meet with end user requirements. Attention to detail is a must.
Hours available are 8am to 4pm, or 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
Roles are temporary, with a view to permanent employment.
For more details or to apply please send your CV to Head of Logistics:
The above vacancies are based at our Witham Head office
If you are interested in working with us here at Velta please call our HR Department on 01376 505193 or email email@example.com